Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Shut Up & Sit Down’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Shut Up & Sit Down’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Shut Up & Sit Down at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Shut Up & Sit Down’s web site are provided “as is”. Shut Up & Sit Down makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Shut Up & Sit Down does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Shut Up & Sit Down is not a non-profit organization as organized under 501c3. No promise is made that any donations made to Shut Up & Sit Down ensure any goods or services for that donation.
- All currencies on the website are in US Dollars unless otherwise specified.
In no event shall Shut Up & Sit Down or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Shut Up & Sit Down’s Internet site, even if Shut Up & Sit Down or a Shut Up & Sit Down authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Shut Up & Sit Down’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Shut Up & Sit Down does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Shut Up & Sit Down may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Shut Up & Sit Down does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Shut Up & Sit Down has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Shut Up & Sit Down of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Shut Up & Sit Down’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Code of Conduct and COVID Policy
For any physical events we require that guests follow all Code of Conduct and COVID regulations as setout by the organizers for the enjoyment and safety of all guests.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
You can request a list of your data stored on this website here and we will anonymize this data at your request. If you have purchased anything via our website that data is also stored with one of our secured banking partners. For International orders they are transacted with and stored by Braintree/PayPal or if you made a purchase in Canadian Dollars it was done via Moneris. You can use those links to request those banking partners to remove your data.
This website also uses Disqus comments and Discourse forum software as a service. By using those services you are agreeing to their terms of service, privacy, and data collection policies.
We are unable to issue refunds for donations. Sorry.
We are able to offer limited refunds on some purchases (i.e. merchandise). Terms of these refunds can be found on their product pages. In the case there is no policy on the product page we cannot issue any refund.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.